The first time you enter the portal, you must create a connection to Visma Business Nxt.
NOTE: You must be a system user in Visma Busines Nxt to be able to connect and set up data import jobs.
3. Select the I completed the instructions and I’m ready to continue checkbox.
4. Enter a name for the connection and click Connect to Visma Business Next.
5. When your user has been authenticated by Visma Connect, click Next.
6. Select companies and click Start import. Now the data for your companies are imported.
7. Click Continue to Reporting.
You are now ready to run your reports.
NOTE: The user must be a System user in Visma Business Nxt to be able to create a connection and set up data import jobs.
4. In Select ERP system, select Visma Business Nxt (if you have multiple options here).
5. Enter a name for the connection and click Connect to Visma Business Nxt.
NOTE: If you want other users to be able to edit the connection, turn on the Allow other users to edit this connection switch. You should be careful about turning on this switch, as this enables all users with the Can manage connections permission to edit the connection and are able to see all companies in this connection. Even if the switch is off, administrators at the top level can still manage the connection.
Your user will now be authenticated to Visma Connect.
6. Select companies and click Finish.
You have now created access to Visma Business Nxt.
The next step is to create Data Import Jobs to transfer data from Visma Business Nxt to the OSR Portal in order to start reporting and budgeting in OSR Portal. See Recommended data import jobs for the recommended jobs to create.
4. Select a connection.
5. Click Next. The Select companies dialog is displayed.
6. Select ( ) one or more companies.
7. Click Next. The Select data dialog is displayed.
8. Select data to import. Please note that the import will take more time if you select many fields and a long period.
9. Select the period from which you want to import data. NOTE: If you want to schedule the data import job, you must select the Days option and select an interval from 0-100 days.
10. Select the data set(s) you want to import.
11. Click Next.
12. Enter a name and description for the job. To make it easier to identify this job in the job list, you should include the data set(s) and the period in the job name or description. Example: “General ledger transactions – Last year”
13. If you want the job to run automatically at specific intervals, you can specify this under Schedule job at. NOTE: The scheduling option is only available if you selected the Days option and the number of days is no more than 5. Large jobs should generally be scheduled when few people are working in the system (nights/weekends). Scheduled jobs are indicated with in the job list.
14. Click Save if you want to run the job later. The job is added to the list with status New. Optional: Select the job in the list and click Run.
15. Click Save and run to run the job now. The job is added to the list, and initially, the status is Waiting.
When you run a job, the status is updated automatically (Waiting – Processing – Succeeded). Click View log ( ) to see the progress of the job. See the procedure View data import log for details.
NOTE: If a data import job fails, the owner of the job will receive a notification.
We recommend that you create these three data import jobs:
The three recommended data import jobs
Due to the setup of Visma Connect, you must re-authenticate your connection to Visma Business Nxt every 30 days. If you do not re-authenticate, the connection to Visma Business Nxt is broken and your data import jobs will fail. Consequently, the data in your reports will not be based on updated data.