- Click Get Data on the left menu bar. A dialog will open on the right side of the menu bar.
- Click Connections.
- Click +New on the right side.
- Select Xero as your connection and click Next.
- Create a name for your connection and click the yellow box with the Xero icon.
- In the external dialog box that opens, enter your Xero username and password.
- Click Allow access. If your authentification is successful, a dialog box will open.
- Select the companies you have data access to, and click Finish.
You are now connected to your Xero data.
The next step is to create a Data Import Job to transfer data from the Xero to OSR Portal, so that you can start executing reports.
NOTE: Limitations on data import jobs in Xero
When OneStop Reporting is collecting data, we are making multiple requests to the Xero API on the user’s behalf. However, Xero has a daily limit of request a user can do to the Xero API, and users can experience reaching this limit when using the Get Data data import jobs for large time intervals.
If the daily limit is reached, the user will not be able to do any more requests to the Xero API the next 24 hours. If a user tries to import more data the same day as they reached this limit, the import job will fail.
If you reach this limit, you need to wait until the next day and perform the following steps;
- Go to Get Data > Data import jobs.
- Click on the data import job that failed and click Edit.
- In the Select Companies dialog, click Next.
- In the Import data from drop-down menu, select a smaller date interval than the one you have previously selected. You may also use the Custom Date option to select the period interval you want to import data from.
NOTE: Click here to get an explanation of Xero and OneStop Reporting’s currency management.