You can now customize the default drilldown view to display fields of your choice and in the order of your preference.
NOTE: You need the Can customize drilldown layout permission to customize the drilldown view.
NOTE: The drilldown view you specify is global (within a company). If you, for example, drill down to General Ledger transactions, the drilldown view will look the same in all reports.
|Dimensions: These are dimensions from the ERP system, such as General Ledger, Sales, etc.|
|Fields: These are fields from the selected dimension, such as Account, Account Name, Status, etc.|
3. (If you have access to more than one company.) From the Select company menu, select the company you want to edit the drilldown for.
4. Under Select dimension, select the module for which you want to edit the drilldown view. For example, if you want to customize the drilldown for reports on General Ledger transactions, click the General Ledger folder.
5. Under the module folder, select a dimension, such as, General Ledger Transactions.
Now, two panes open:
6. To start customizing the drilldown view, click the Customize button.
NOTE: When you click the button, you will see a new field in the Drilldown layout list; Field being drilled down. This is the field in the report where the end users click to drill down from. Usually, this will be an amount, such as Net Amount.
7. Edit the drilldown as you want:
8. Click Save.
In this example, we have a default drilldown view as shown in Figure 1.
In the figure, you can see how the default setup looks in the Drilldown layout editor, and in the drilldown view from a run report. As you can see, the order of the columns matches the order in the Drilldown layout section.
NOTE: The dimensions and fields may have different names in your ERP system.
We want to make the following changes to the drilldown layout for reports based on General Ledger Transactions.
We take the following steps:
5. Under Drilldown layout, next to Region, click Remove to remove the Region column from the layout.
6. Under Drilldown layout, move Net Amount after Description.
7. Under Available fields, open the Account folder and next to Status, click Add.
The Status column is added to the drilldown layout.
8. Click Save.
If we now run a report in Live Reporting, such as a Profit and Loss report, and drill down, we can see the following effects of the customizing in the figure below:
Drilldown before customizing
Drilldown after customizing
Long customer names display: Customers who have long customer names have experienced that the name in Administration will only display 30 characters, and thus, will not show the entire customer name. We have fixed this by allowing users to see the whole name by mousing over the customer name.