Work with assignments from Workflow
Assignments that are assigned to you from the Workflow module, are displayed with orange thumbnails in the Assignments view. An assignment can contain multiple budgets to work on.
NOTE: If the assignment has a start date in the future, you will see the start date on the assignment card. When you open the assignment, the budgets will be grayed-out until the start date is reached.
To open the assignment and work on the budget:
- Click Assignments.
- Click on the assignment (orange) you want to open.
- Click on the budget template you want to open and edit.
- (if applicable) If the assignment status is Create assignments:
- Click on the budget (yellow) you want to open and edit.
- Select the relevant parameters. If the parameter fields are gray, the person who created the assignment has already defined these parameters. They cannot be changed.
- Click Create assignments in the top right corner. The assignment status is now New.
- Click on the budget (blue) you want to open and edit.
NOTE: For assignments with Let the user decide parameters, you can generate as many budget assignments as you need.
- Click Run to update the spreadsheet with updated data.
- Edit the budget. See Edit budget data for more information about the available editing options.
- Click Save data to save your work to the database.
- Click Finish assignment when you are finished. The budget template is set as completed and is sent to the next step in the workflow. If no reviewer or approver has been assigned, this completes the workflow.
NOTE: Your finished assignments are saved under the Completed work section.
Use the Activity log
You can use the activity log to add or view comments about the budget. This can be useful when the workflow includes a reviewer and/or an approver.
- Click on the Activity log bar. By default, all activities (states and comments) are displayed.
- Click Statuses or Comments to filter the activites list.
- Enter text in the search field to search for comments or states. The list is automatically updated.
- Enter text in the textbox and click Add to add a comment to the budget template.