An alternative to the Spread function, is the Adjust function. You can use Adjust to increase or decrease an amount by a number of units or a percentage.
Tip: This method can also be used to spread an amount across a line item detail. See Add line item details.
To adjust the amounts across a row (main line):
- In the open budget template, click any cell in row you want to edit.
- Click the arrow next to Spreading and Line item details at the bottom of the spreadsheet. The name and row number of the selected row is displayed at the top of the Spreading pop-up window.
- If the Spreading function is not visible, click in top-right corner.
- Click Adjust.
- Select the base line in the Based on list (usually Main line).
- In the Adjust each value by field, do one of the following:
- Enter a percentage (positive or negative) and click the % button. Note: This will not work if the Main line is empty.
- Enter an amount (positive or negative) and click Units.
- (optional) Select a line item detail. See Add line item details.
- Click Adjust. The amount is adjusted across the row.