Create a data import job
A data import job specifies what data you want to import into the Portal. You can also set a data import job to run on a specific schedule.
NOTE: This procedure assumes that you have already set up a connection to your ERP system.
Available options in the Data import jobs screen:
||Click to run the selected import job manually. The job starts immediately and the status is automatically updated.
||Click to view the details for the selected job. See the procedure View data import log for details.
||Click to edit the selected job. See the procedure Edit data import job for details.
||Click to delete the selected job.
||Click to create a new job. See the procedure below for details.
NOTE: There are three default import jobs in your portal:
- Data import from the beginning. (This import job is run one time the first time you log on to the Portal.)
- Data import from the beginning of the year. (You can manually run this job when needed.)
- Data import from the last 40 days. (This job is scheduled to run every night.)
In addition to these default jobs, you can create your own import jobs by clicking the New button.
To create a new import job:
- Click Import data.
- Click Data import jobs. Existing import jobs are displayed in the list.
- Click New. The Select connection dialog is displayed.
- Select a connection.
- Click Next. The Select companies dialog is displayed.
- Select () one or more companies.
- Click Next. The Select data dialog is displayed.
- Select data to import. Please note that the import will take more time if you select many fields and a long period.
- Select the period from which you want to import data. NOTE: If you want to schedule the data import job, you must select the Days option and select an interval from 0-100 days.
- Select the data set(s) you want to import.
- Click Next.
- Enter a name and description for the job. To make it easier to identify this job in the job list, you should include the data set(s) and the period in the job name or description. Example: “General ledger transactions – Last year”
- If you want the job to run automatically at specific intervals, you can specify this under Schedule job at. NOTE: The scheduling option is only available if you selected the Days option and the number of days is no more than 100. Large jobs should generally be scheduled when few people are working in the system (nights/weekends). Scheduled jobs are indicated with in the job list.
- Click Save if you want to run the job later. The job is added to the list with status New. Optional: Select the job in the list and click Run.
- Click Save and run to run the job now. The job is added to the list, and initially, the status is Waiting.
When you run a job, the status is updated automatically (Waiting – Processing – Succeeded). Click View log () to see the progress of the job. See the procedure View data import log for details.
NOTE: If a data import job fails, the owner of the job will receive a notification.
NEXT: Go to Reporting to create a report template.