Create new workflow
To create a new workflow:
- Click Workflow.
- Click New.
- Fill in the following fields:
- Name: Enter the workflow name. The end-users will see this as the name of the assignment.
- (optional) From-To: Click here to set a start and end date (deadline) for the workflow, and click Apply. The assignments will not be available to the user(s) until the specified start date. Note: These are the default dates for all assignments created from this workflow, but you can set custom start and end dates under User assignments. See Edit workflow details below.
- (optional) Reviewer: Click this option to select a reviewer. Start typing a name to search or click the arrow button to show a list of users.
- (optional) Approver: Click this option to select an approver. Start typing a name to search or click the arrow button to show a list of users.
- Click Select templates. Click here to select the budget template(s) which should be added to the workflow. These are the scenarios/budget versions that the end-users will edit. Use the categories and the search field to filter the list of budget templates.
- Click OK when you are done. The templates are displayed in the workflow screen.
- Click Select companies. Select the companies which should be included in the workflow.
NOTE: If you only have one company, you will not see the Select companies button and will only have one tab for your company.
- Click OK. Each company is displayed in a separate tab.
- Click a company tab and select the relevant parameters under Default parameters, OR select Let the user decide to let the users select on which parts of the budget template to work. The available parameters may vary according to the selected templates. NOTE: Sometimes you might see the (apparently) same parameters appearing more than once here. This is because the parameters are slightly different in the budget templates (from Report Designer).
- Under User assignments: Click Select users and select the users to whom you want to assign the budget template:
- Search: Start typing a name to filter the list of users.
- Roles: Click a role to select all users from a role.
- Users: Select individual users.
- Click OK when you are done.
- (optional) Edit the workflow parameters for individual users as described below.
- (optional) If you have added multiple companies, click the next company tab and repeat steps 8-11. To save time, you can copy the settings from the first company to other companies as described below.
- Click Save.
- Click Publish to send the assignments to the selected users.
To view the progress of the workflow, select it in the workflows list and click Status.
Copy to companies
If the same parameters and users should be used across multiple companies, you can copy these settings to other companies.
In order to do so:
- Select the company tab with the settings you want to copy.
- Click (on the right-hand side), and select Copy to companies. The Copy from dialog displays.
- Select one or more companies.
- Click OK. The settings are copied to the selected companies.
You can edit the settings for each company if necessary.
Edit workflow details
When you have set the default parameters for a company, all selected users (for the current company) will inherit the default parameters. You can, however, customize the parameters for individual users. In addition, you can edit the start and end dates as well.
You have the following options:
- Click to deselect a template for a user.
- To edit parameters and deadlines:
- Hold the mouse-pointer over one of the following sections of the User assignments table:
- Row (user): Settings for all active templates for this user.
- Column (template): Settings for all active users for this template.
- Intersection (user name / template): Settings for this user and this template only.
- Click Edit .
- In the From-To field, select a new start and end date (deadline) for the workflow, and click Apply.
- Under Parameters, deselect () Inherit this parameter and enter a new parameter or select Let the user decide.
- Click OK when you are done. Columns/rows/cells with custom settings, are highlighted in blue.
- Click the down-arrow () next to a user to view the custom settings.
If you enter overlapping settings (one setting for a row/user and another setting for a column/template), the settings will be prioritized in this order:
- Intersection (user name / template)
- Row (user)
- Column (template)
- Default parameters and From-To date for workflow.