We have launched OneStop Reporting eLearning
OneStop Reporting offers an online training platform – eLearning. The platform contains educational courses and videos, so that you can get a unique insight into the OneStop Reporting solutions.
You can learn whenever you want, and wherever it suits you. This gives you the opportunity to learn at your own pace, and always have access to educational material.
The eLearning module contains:
- Short videos: Covers a specific issue, so you can quickly find the answer you are looking for.
- Courses: Contains multiple lessons to learn more in-depth about a specific topic. Some courses have assessments to test your knowledge after completion.
- Learning paths: Contains multiple courses, so you get an even better understanding of an aspect of the product. We have put together relevant courses to make it easier for you to get the full overview. This should equip you with enough knowledge to fully utilize the functionality we offer.
For more information about the e-learning, click here.
Live Reporting: Auto-refresh for report templates
In Live Reporting, when you open a report template, you can use the slider to select to refresh data every 5, 10, 15, 30, or 60 minutes.
Report parameters are now collapsible
We have made the Report parameters sections collapsible so users get more space when working on report and budgets in Live Reporting, Budgeting and Assignments.
To hide the Report parameters sections;
- In Live Reporting, Budgeting and Assignments, open a template.
- Click the Report parameters drop-down arrow to hide.
- Click again to show again.
Publisher: Added 7 days scheduling
You can now schedule a publishing job to recur every 7 days (in addition to the monthly scheduling).
Budgeting: Access to Budgeting setup
To use the Budgeting setup in OneStop Reporting, the user must have the Can manage connections permission and a Budgeting license.
In the past users had to be Customer Administrators to use the Budgeting setup.
Administration: Impossible to remove last Administrators on the customer level
In the past, administrators could remove themselves as administrators, even when they were the only administrator at that level. We have now removed this functionality to prevent the risk of not having administrator rights on this level.
If you try to remove the last Administrator at the Customer level, you will receive this message: “There has to be at least one Customer Administrator. Assign another user as Administrator before removing this user.” You must then add another Administrator and try again.
Report Designer: Partially support for Excel Macro-Enabled Workbook
We now offer partially support for macros (Excel) for reports in OneStop Reporting.
You can use macros in your reports when you create them in Report Designer and upload to OneStop Reporting portal. However, the macros will not run in the portal, but must be downloaded to Excel by the user for the macros to take effect.
Create reports with Excel Macro-Enabled Workbook
- Create a new or edit an existing report from Live Reporting in Report Designer.
- Create the macros.
- Click Save.
- In the dialog box that opens, click No to be able to select .xlsm format for your report.
5. In the Save as dialog box, select the Excel Macro-Enabled Workbook (*.xlsm) file format and click Save.
The report is uploaded to the portal.
NOTE: The macros cannot be run in Live Reporting, so the receiver of the report must download the report to Excel.
You cannot use Excel Macro-Enabled Workbook for packages in OneStop Reporting; the macros will only work for the first report in the package.
In addition, you cannot use the Sheet per value functionality when using macros in your report.
- Archive: Playlist column widths: We have adjusted the column widths for Playlists so that the Date column shows the entire text. We have also removed the Type column.
- Report Designer: Fixed error when saving budgets with protected sheets in Report Designer. Some users have experienced error messages when input-protecting cells in Report Designer.
- Report Designer: Fixed issues with performance problems with the Index Excel formula in the portal by upgrading to SpreadJS 11.2.6.
- Report Designer: Error in Period lookup: We have fixed an error where some users would get an error message when using the Period lookup when the Current checkbox was selected.
- Workflow: Crash when opening duplicated workflow: We have fixed an issue where some users would experience crashes when opening a duplicated workflow and clicking the Edit button.
- Budgeting: Creating budget assignment does not refresh parameter values after changing company: Users have experienced that when they assign a budget template and try to change company, the data are not updated. This issue is now resolved.
- Budgeting: Missing scroll bar in Budget Flow: When users had budget templates with multiple parameters in a budget flow, there was no scroll bar. This has now been implemented.
- Budgeting: Copying cells in budgets not working in Internet Explorer: We have fixed an issue where users could not copy/paste cells in a budget more than once when using Internet Explorer.
- Budgeting: Distribution rules do not appear in Spread dialog: We have fixed an issue where some user experienced not being able to use distribution rules they have created in Settings > Distribution rule in Line Item Details in Budgeting.
- Budgeting: Save button always active: In the past, if users had selected the Store always option as a storage rule in a budget template, the Save button in the portal was inactive until the user actually started to edit a cell. This is now fixed so the Save button is always active.
Upgraded to new SpreadSheetGear version
The upgrade will fix a number of issues, such as:
- Improved performance for some complex array formulas.
- Fixed issue where adjoining cell borders that use different shade of the same Theme Color would not always render correctly.
- Fixed a problem which caused data validation to sometimes incorrectly return false when the cell being validated is below the last data cell in a column and the data validation has the possibility of returning true for a blank cell.
- Fixed date parsing to allow parsing dates without spaces such as “01nov” and “nov2018” as Excel does.
- Fixed number formats such as “$?,???,???,??0” to include spaces for unneeded decimal separators.
For more information, see: https://www.spreadsheetgear.com/downloads/whatsnew.aspx