Changes to Administration
We have made some changes to Administration to accommodate larger accounting firms that use Groups to organize their clients.
Search for users
We have developed a new Search users functionality, where you can search for users and get information about the user, such as email address, which tenants and/or groups they belong to, and if they have administrator rights.
To search for a user;
- Click Settings > Administration.
- Click Search users.
- In the Search for users dialog, click the Tenants and Groups tabs to see which group and/or tenant the user has access to.
NOTE: If you see a Key icon next to the tenant or group, that means the user has administrator rights in that group or tenant.
Changes to the Group level
We have also made some changes to the Group level.
For larger organizations, such as accounting firms, it can be useful to organize the tenants into groups. In this way, it is easier for an administrator to add a user to multiple tenants, and giving them permissions and data accesses.
For the Group level , you now see the tabs shown in the figure:
|Shows the group name. Click to edit the group name.
|Shows users that have access to the group level. You can add or remove group users. These users will have access to all tenants in the group and will automatically get access to manage other subgroups and tenants within the hierarchy.
|Allocate licenses for users at the group level.
NOTE: If you do not have a shared license, you will not see this tab.
Manage group users
Add group users
A group user is a user who can access all tenants in a group.
- Click Settings > Administration.
- At the Group level, click the Group users tab.
- In the Add group user field, enter the email address and click Add. An invitation e-mail is sent to the new user’s e-mail. The new users will automatically get Tenant Administrator rights.
NOTE: If you want to grant a user Group Administrator rights, turn on the Group Administrator switch. A Group Administrator can manage group users, and create new tenants and subgroups. In addition, they can manage licenses at the group level.
NOTE: If you want to grant a user all permissions for all tenant in the group, turn on the All tenant permission switch. This permission gives the user administrator rights for all tenants in the group. In this way, they can manage licenses, users, and roles at the tenant level.
Manage licenses for users at the group level
- Click the Licensing tab.
- Use the checkboxes to give module access to group users.
NOTE: Licenses for group users is managed from here and not at the tenant level. At the tenant level, the module accesses will be locked when a user is a group user.
NOTE: You can see how many available licenses you have in the column headers.
To see an example on how you can use the Group level, see Organize tenants in groups: An example.
Tenant level permissions and accesses inherited from group level
Because you now can add users to a tenant by adding them at the Group level, there are some changes to the permissions, data and module access settings on the Users tab at the Tenant level.
If a user is a Group User, he or she will have a Lock icon next to their names on the Users tab. If the user is given All tenant permissions at the Group level, or is a Group Administrator, their permissions and data access is inherited from the Group level and cannot be managed from the Tenant level.
Module access is always given at the Group level for Group Users.
Marketplace: Possibility to have your own Marketplace
It is now possible to create your own Marketplace for report templates. This is a feature we mainly offer to accounting firms as it requires OneStop Reporting to set up a separate tenant for this purpose. When you have a Marketplace tenant, you can upload templates to this marketplace and share between your tenants. Please contact email@example.com if you want to set up a Marketplace tenant.
- Report Designer: We have fixed an issue where some users experienced that Report Designer would crash if they selected a range, changed color for the range, and ran the report.
- Voucher viewer: We have fixed an issue where the voucher viewer would crash when the user had unsupported files. Now, the voucher viewer will show a message ”File format not supported: <format>” or ”File conversion failed: <format>” if the voucher viewer is mapped to unsupported file types.
- Added period functions: We have added these period functions:
- Last Quarter Last Year
- Next Quarter Last Year
- Quarter to Date Last Year
- Credit Notes in negative values: We have now made some changes so that Customer Document and Customer Invoices now return negative values for credit notes.
24 Seven Office
- Added Project Id to Invoice Order Lines: We have implemented Project Id to Invoice Order Lines. If there is no Project Id on Invoice Order Lines, the Project Id for the Invoice Order will be used. By implementing these changes, we have fixed the cases where users running our standard reports with departments would not show any departments.
- Handling currencies in Sales Line amounts: We have fixed several issues concerning exchange rates for Accounts Payable, Purchase and Sales.
- Added Budget endpoint: We have added the Budget endpoint from QuickBooks which allows you to build reports with budget numbers from the QuickBooks budget table.
- Support for deviating fiscal year: We now have support for deviating fiscal years. Users must update the existing connector with a new starting period for the fiscal year:
- Click Get Data.
- Click the connection and click Edit.
- Enter the required information.
- In the Select companies to import step, in the Fiscal period start drop-down list, select the start period.
- Class now working in Sales Transactions: We have fixed an error that caused Class and Amounts from Sales Transactions to result in empty Class fields.
- Beginning Balance amounts are now imported: We have fixed an issue where Beginning Balance amounts were not fully imported.
- Invoice is now linked to Payments: We have now added Overpayments Allocations, Credit Notes Allocations, and Prepayments Allocations to the Payment folder.
- Fixed issue with drill-downs: We have fixed an issue with a Payments query that caused the drill-down functionality to fail.
- Added Payments, Allocations, and Pre-Payments to Purchase: We have added Payments, Allocations, and Pre-Payments to Purchase. In addition, we have added links between Payments, Overpayments and Credit Notes in both Sales and Purchase.
- Fixed issue with missing invoice data: Some users have experienced that if they attempt to import data for Year to Date, changes to invoices created last year are not imported. This issue is now resolved.
- Fixed crash issue when importing data: We have fixed an issue where some customers have experienced crashes after importing data due to large datasets being imported as part of the General Ledger data.